1.Photos for AVSS 2012 are available now! Click here for details.
2.Machine Vision and Applications Special Issue on Background Modeling for Foreground Detection in real-world dynamic scenes Call for papers .
3. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON INFORMATION FORENSICS AND SECURITY Special Issue on Intelligent Video Surveillance for Public Security & Personal Privacy Call for papers .
4. Oral presentation Instructions and Poster Instructions is now available here.
5. The camera-ready due is extended to June 29, 2012. Author's Final Paper Formatting and Submission Instructions are now available here.
AVSS is the IEEE conference series on video and signal based surveillance. AVSS was started in 1998 (Genoa, Italy). Following meetings were held in 2001 (Kingston, UK), in 2003 (Miami, USA), in 2005 (Como, Italy), in 2006 (Sydney, Australia), in 2007 (London, UK), in 2008 (Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA), in 2009 (Genoa, Italy), in 2010 (Boston, USA), and in 2011 (Klagenfurt, Austria). AVSS 2012 will be held in Beijing on 18-21 September 2012. AVSS is a forum of reference for the field and offers the opportunity to meet and foster collaboration. AVSS has a tradition of participation from the worlds of research, industry, and relevant government agencies. The conference focuses on underlying theories, methods, systems, and application areas. The list of topics of interest includes, but is not limited to:
- Sensors & data fusion
- Sensor networks
- Microphone arrays
- Infrared /visible/3D imaging
- Heterogeneous sensor processing
- Multi-sensor calibration
- Distributed/cognitive/ data fusion
- Data management & HCI
- Metadata management
- Archival & retrieval
- Multimodal displays
- Interfaces & visualization tools
- Object & situation-based coding
- Wireless, mobile interfaces
- Processing, detection & recognition
- Multidimensional signal processing
- Change & motion detection
- Feature extraction
- Target tracking
- Sound, object, scene recognition
- Pattern recognition
- Reactive & preventive environments
- Integrated physical & cyber security
- Transports (rail, road, air, maritime)
- Unmanned vehicles & robotics
- Ambient intelligence
- Protection of infrastructures
- Analytics, behavior & biometrics
- Sound, video, multimodal analytics
- Activity analysis & monitoring
- Event modeling/recognition
- Static & mobile environments
- Systems, performances & privacy
- Industrial, civilian, military systems
- Research prototypes
- Hardware & software architectures
- User requirements
- Performance evaluation
- Privacy in surveillance
Paper Submission and Proceedings Publication
Full-length papers between 4 and 6 A4 pages are solicited. Detailed submission instructions will be posted on the conference website in due time. Each submission will be double blindly peer-reviewed by at least three experts. The conference proceedings will be published by the IEEE Computer Society.The authors of accepted excellent papers may also submit their related work to an IEEE TIFS special issue in an extended form for possible publication.
The AVSS challenge will be organized within the AVSS2012 Conference. Details will appear in http://www.avss2012.org
Call for Tutorials
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit proposals for tutorials to be held in conjunction with the AVSS 2011 conference. Proposals should be submitted to the tutorial chair at the following email address: email@example.com before 25 February, 2012.
Tutorial proposal: 25 February, 2012
Camera ready papers due: 29 June, 2012
11 March, 2012 23 March, 2012 |
Early registration: 29 June, 2012
Notification to authors: 11 May, 2012
Conference dates: 18 - 21 September, 2012